Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's just been crazy...

Hi. It's been kind of crazy around here with getting back from vaca, getting back to work and our dog Spencer is very ill.
We picked him up from the vet (also our boarders) last Monday, during his stay he developed Kennel Cough. Unfortunately he also has Cushings Disease which affects his immune system so what could have been a small case of KC has turned into a very serious case of pneumonia.

He is at the vet right now getting intravenous fluids because he won't eat or drink. The vet had also put him on a diuretic because he has an enlarged heart. She was hoping the diuretics would get the fluid out from around his heart thus dealing with the enlargement.

We are going to try three days of treatment and hope for the best, if that doesn't work we may have to make some decisions.

I hate this. I am so worried.

I will keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Bonkers for Bristow said...

Poor Spence. The McCormick family are all pulling for him to bounce out of this. Pass on our support and good vibes to Joel, too. I'm guessing he's a mess. We're thinking of you.

ann marie said...

hope spence get better soon. my prayes are with you and joel

Cathy said...

Oh Vicky I am so sorry for your baby!! I sure hope he will be well! My heart goes out to you!!


I love that smirky face you are making!!!!