Sunday, May 11, 2008

Long time...

It's been a while since i've blogged, i almost forgot my password. I have been so frustrated with not being able to get my photos to post that i just give up. I wish i knew more about computers and all this crazy stuff.

So not much going on around here. Only 40 days till we leave for Hilton Head. I can't wait i really need a vacation.

So I've been thinking a lot about the fact that i am turning 40 in 6 months and 3 days. There is so much that i have experienced in my life and quite a bit i have missed out on. But, lets keep this light...

Things from my childhood and young adulthood that i miss...
  1. Nick Gilder (Hot Child in the City-seriously my favorite song of all time, oh Nick where are you?
  2. Turntables (Record players-i don't know about you, but i liked that scratchy low quality kind of sound).
  3. Imagination (Oh, i still have an imagination, i imagine myself skinny all the time. I remember when the stairs to our basement were my Barbie's 15 story town house, and i have played Pirate Ship with Monet where her stairs were the ship...it's a beautiful thing).
  4. Speaking of skinny, how about guilt free eating and endless energy, oh how i mess thee both.

Here are a couple things i don't miss...

  1. Day-Glo clothing and jelly shoes (what were we thinking).
  2. Dating (i swear i will never do that again).
  3. Making my bed (i didn't really do that unless i was ordered too and i don't do it now).
  4. Fighting with my brother (we used to fight like cats and dogs but now we get along, i am thankful for that).

I am sure i will think of more things that i miss and don't miss, but this is all for now.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's (isn't that cute, i do still have an imagination, i imagine that people are actually reading this blog).

Bye.

4 comments:

ann marie said...

cute, vicky hope your enjoying your day off

Bonkers for Bristow said...

Here's something I miss (even though I'm not as old as you. hee hee). I miss being carefree on the weekends and having all the time in the world at your disposal. Plus having summers off. The older I get, the more I think kids should go to school year round as that first summer after graduating college is a slap in the face and it never gets any easier.

Here's something I don't miss. Peer pressure. God, high school could be brutal. At least now I recognize it for what it is and can decide to resist or give in.

And happy (belated) Mother's Day to Jack, Catherine, Roguert and Spencer's mommy. I hope they gave you some hugs and kisses. :)

Jenn

Cathy said...

WHAT?????????????? You don't make your bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't blog with you!!!

Cathy said...

Ok, only fibbing!!!! LOL


I'm so glad you found me!!!! You know how I miss you over here!!


What is the deal with the picture upload, have you figured it out yet? I'll help you!